Bird Box Update:
In the last 24 hours, 5 out of 7 eggs have hatched in our school bird box. Check in regularly for your chance to see the last 2 eggs hatching.
Click the photograph for a link to the bird box
Summer Term Week 3 (w/c 4th May)
Lesson 4- mixed addition and subtraction
English Weekly Task - Song writing
English BBC Bitesize activity
Please complete what you can in 45 minutes
Thursday 6th May - Reading Lesson: Tell Me No Lies by Malorie Blackman
This week we will continue our study of World War II. Try to complete all of, or as many as you can of, the following activities:
- Read the fact sheet on the Battle of Britain and complete the quiz (ppt version or written). While you’re at it, why not challenge your family to take the quiz and see how much they know.
- Using the Spitfire template, or a design of your own, create a paper aeroplane. Test your plane to see how far it files. Then, make small adaptations to your plane to try to increase the distance it travels. You might like to try: adding weight, changing the material of the plane, trying to make your plane more streamlined or anything else you can think of. Let us know what works best.
- Study the PowerPoint on D-Day. Imagine you are a solider about to land on one of the beaches. Write a brief recount of your experience. This could be done as a story, letter diary or any other way you choose.
- Read the PowerPoint on Unsung War Heroes. Who is your hero? Design a medal that you would award them and send us an explanation of why they deserve it.
- VE Day, 75th anniversary, 8th May 2020 – Study the ppts on VE Day. Then, find a way to celebrate the 75th anniversary of VE Day. Wave a union Jack flag, sing or dance, play games, bake a cake or anything else you can think of. Send us photos of how you choose to celebrate and have a fantastic bank holiday weekend! (Photographs can be sent next week if celebrations take place over the bank holiday weekend)
It's set to be nice and warm over the next few days so get outside and have some water fun! Let us know or send us a picture of what you get up to over the bank holiday. I think we might get out the paddling pool!