Children will be expected to complete their homework each week. Homework consists of:
- Daily reading for at least 15 minutes. Reading must be recorded in the reading record. One of these daily reads may be a Rising Stars book which can be accessed online. Children will be responsible for handing in their reading record each day to their class teacher/teaching assistant so that reading progress can be tracked on the reading display.
- Daily spelling practise using the spelling practise sheet. The spellings will be tested on Friday and children will bring home their spelling book to share their results with you. Please return the spelling book on Monday.
- Numbots practised at least 3 times per week and recorded in the reading record. Children will be responsible for handing in their reading record each day to their class teacher/teaching assistant so that Numbot progress can be tracked on the Numbots display.
- A homework project will be set each half term which all children must complete. The homework project letter can be found by clicking on the relevant tab below. Children may select one of the activities from the suggested list given to complete for their project. Homework projects will be brought into school during the penultimate week of each term so that homework can be celebrated. Children will choose a selection of projects to be displayed in the corridor.
- SATs booklets will be provided to children after Christmas. More information around the SATs homework booklets will come your way in due course 😀