Music is a universal language that embodies one of the highest forms of creativity. We provide opportunities for all children to create, play, perform and enjoy music, to develop the skills to appreciate a wide variety of musical forms, and to begin to make judgements about the quality of music.
As a school we follow the main aims of the national curriculum for music to enable all children to:
• perform, listen to, review and evaluate music across a range of historical periods, genres, styles and traditions, including the works of the great composers and musicians
• learn to sing and use their voices
• have the opportunity to learn to play a musical instrument
• to use technology appropriately
• to create and compose music on their own and with others
• understand and explore how music is created