Children will be expected to complete their homework each week. Homework consists of:
- Daily reading for at least 15 minutes. Reading must be recorded on the GoRead App.Please record every time you read so that the reading progress can be tracked. If you have trouble logging in on the app, please contact the class teacher.
- Daily spelling practise using the spelling practise sheet. The spellings will be given out on a Monday and be tested on Friday.
- TTRS practised at least 3 times per week and recorded in the reading record. Children will be responsible for handing in their reading record each day progress can be tracked on the TTRS display in their classrooms.
- As you will know, our homework has changed! We will no longer be completing a homework project. Instead, a homework book will be given out weekly with set pages to complete. One week will be Maths, the following will be Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar. These will alternate each week. Homework club is offered on a Wednesday after school - you must sign up to this using the Google Form (there are only 20 places across years 5 & 6). Homework should be returned on Thursday to be marked on Friday.
- Tea time talk is optional for Year 5. If you wish to discuss the weeks learning with your child, please see the slips below.