Design your own dinosaur.
Can you label and describe it using noun phrases?
Did all of the different species of dinosaur roam the Earth at the same time?
Can you use the powerpoint below your fact posters, books or the internet to find out more about when dinosaurs roamed the Earth?
Can you show this information in a timeline to explain the different periods of time and which dinosaur lived in each period? You could draw or write the names of a couple of dinosaurs in each of the different periods to show when they roamed the earth, print off pictures or make a timeline on a computer.
When making your timeline -
- Make sure to have a line or arrows on your timeline to show the continuation of time.
- Add the names of the periods
- Include names or pictures of dinosaurs for each period of time.
Extra Challenge (Optional)
- Include dates to show when each period of time was (see Green timeline photograph)
- Include extra information about animals who roamed the Earth during this time period.
Make a collection of dinosaur fossils.
Once they have cooled and set, can you match them up to the toy?
Can you name the dinosaur?